ESL 222: Mayor Denies Hit-and-Run Charge

Download

The mayor of Sacrapinto, J.K.Choi, 35, was charged with hit-and-run driving last night by the town sheriff. A freshly killed calf was discovered lying in the middle of Arlington Drive at about 10:00 p.m. A witness, 20-year-old Emily Parker, said she saw the car hit the calf and keep going. She didn't see the driver but she did recognize the hood ornament on the car—a pair of bull horns.

"Oh, yes," Emily said, "I know that's the mayor's car. It's the only car in town with bull horns on the hood." Asked how she could see the bull horns at night, she replied, "Oh, didn't you know? A couple of months ago the mayor got his horns neonized, so they have this soft purple glow at night. They're really cool-looking."

The sheriff drove over to the mayor's house, which is about five miles from city hall, and found the mayor washing his 1972 Kadillac. He asked why the mayor was washing his car so late at night. "Because that's when there's no hot sun that causes the car to dry so fast that you have sun streaks. Don't you know anything, sheriff?"

The sheriff pointed out that one of the horns was broken at the tip. "When did that happen?" he asked. "When did what happen?" Choi asked. "Oh, good grief! I never even noticed that! Do you know how expensive these horns are? They don't grow on trees, you know. I wonder if I can find the missing piece and superglue it back on."

The sheriff then showed the mayor the tip of a bull horn. "Do you think this is the missing piece?" The mayor was astounded. He looked at it, turned it over in his hands, and then placed it on the horn, where it fit perfectly. "That's fantastic, sheriff! Thank you so much! Where did you find it?"

"Where did I find it? It was next to Farmer Brown's calf that you killed back there about an hour ago." The mayor's mouth dropped open. "Calf! What calf? What are you talking about? I had no idea. I thought I hit a speed bump. What was his calf doing out in the middle of the road in the middle of the night?

"We'll settle this in court. I'm an innocent man. By the way, get that calf over to Lester's butcher shop right now. We'll have us a big barbecue tomorrow at city hall. And don't forget to invite Farmer Brown. I know he'll forgive me after he tastes Lester's world-famous rib eye."

392641 top -

*Vocabulary:

• astound:
• barbecue:
• bull:
• butcher:
• calf:
• fantastic:
• glue:
• grief:
• hood:
• horn:
• innocent:
• neon:
• ornament:
• recognize:
• sheriff:
• streak:
• witness:
• rib_eye:

====================

*Yes/No Questions:

• Was the mayor charged with hit-and-run driving?

• Is the mayor thirty-five?

• Is the calf still alive?

• Did the accident occur in the evening?

• Did Emily see the accident happen?

• Did Emily see Mr. Choi driving the car?

• Does the car have a hood ornament?

• Can you see the bull horns in the dark?

• Did the sheriff visit the mayor?

• Does the mayor live five blocks from city hall?

==================

*Fill in blanks:

The mayor of Sacrapinto, J.K. Choi, 35, was ____ with hit-and-run driving last night by the town ____ . A freshly killed calf was discovered lying in ____ middle of Arlington Drive at about 10:00 p.m. ____ witness, 20-year-old Emily Parker, said she saw the ____ hit the calf and keep going. She didn’t ____ the driver but she did recognize the hood ____ on the car—a pair of bull horns.

“Oh, ____ ,” Emily said, “I know that’s the mayor’s car. ____ ’s the only car in town with bull horns ____ the hood.” Asked how she could see the ____ horns at night, she replied, “Oh, didn’t you ____ ? A couple of months ago the mayor got ____ horns neonized, so they have this soft purple ____ at night. They’re really cool-looking.”

The sheriff drove ____ to the mayor’s house, which is about five ____ from city hall, and found the mayor washing ____ 1972 Kadillac. He asked why the mayor was____ his car so late at night. “Because that’s ____ there’s no hot sun that causes the car ____ dry so fast that you have sun streaks. ____ ’t you know anything, sheriff?”

The sheriff pointed out ____ one of the horns was broken at the ____ . “When did that happen?” he asked. “When did ____ happen?” Choi asked. “Oh, good grief! I never ____ noticed that! Do you know how expensive these____ ____ are? They don’t grow on trees, you know. ____ wonder if I can find the missing piece ____ superglue it back on.”

The sheriff then showed ____ mayor the tip of a bull horn. “Do____ think this is the missing piece?” The mayor ____ astounded. He looked at it, turned it over ____ his hands, and then placed it on the____ , where it fit perfectly. “That’s fantastic, sheriff! Thank ____ so much! Where did you find it?”
“Where____ I find it? It was next to Farmer____ ’s calf that you killed back there about an ____ ago.” The mayor’s mouth dropped open. “Calf! What____ ? What are you talking about? I had no____ . I thought I hit a speed bump. What ____ his calf doing out in the middle of ____ road in the middle of the night?

“We’ll ____ this in court. I’m an innocent man. By ____ way, get that calf over to Lester’s butcher ____ right now. We’ll have us a big barbecue ____ at city hall. And don’t forget to invite ____ Brown. I know he’ll forgive me after he ____ Lester’s world-famous rib eye.”

==================

*Translate into Vietnamese:

392643 top -

*Vocabulary:

• astound: gây kinh ngạc
• barbecue:thịt nướng
• bull: bò đực, lời bậy bạ
• butcher: hàng thịt
• calf: con bê
• fantastic: tuyệt vời
• glue: keo
• grief: nỗi sầu khổ
• hood: mũ
• horn: sừng
• innocent:vô tội
• neon: đèn neon
• ornament: vật trang trí
• recognize: nhận ra
• sheriff: cảnh sát trưởng
• streak: di động rất mau
• witness: nhân chứng
• rib_eye:

===========================================================

*Yes/No Questions:

• Was the mayor charged with hit-and-run driving? Yes

• Is the mayor thirty-five? Yes

• Is the calf still alive? No

• Did the accident occur in the evening? Yes

• Did Emily see the accident happen? Yes

• Did Emily see Mr. Choi driving the car? No

• Does the car have a hood ornament? Yes

• Can you see the bull horns in the dark? Yes

• Did the sheriff visit the mayor? Yes

• Does the mayor live five blocks from city hall? No

*Fill in blanks:

The mayor of Sacrapinto, J.K. Choi, 35, was _charged___ with hit-and-run driving last night by the town __sheriff___ . A freshly killed calf was discovered lying in _the___ middle of Arlington Drive at about 10:00 p.m. __A__ witness, 20-year-old Emily Parker, said she saw the __car__ hit the calf and keep going. She didn’t _see___ the driver but she did recognize the hood ____ornament__ on the car—a pair of bull horns.

“Oh, __yes__ ,” Emily said, “I know that’s the mayor’s car. __It__ ’s the only car in town with bull horns __on__ the hood.” Asked how she could see the ___bull_ horns at night, she replied, “Oh, didn’t you __know__ ? A couple of months ago the mayor got __his__ horns neonized, so they have this soft purple __glow__ at night. They’re really cool-looking.”

The sheriff drove __over__ to the mayor’s house, which is about five ____miles__ from city hall, and found the mayor washing __his__ 1972 Kadillac. He asked why the mayor was____washing__ his car so late at night. “Because that’s __when__ there’s no hot sun that causes the car __to__ dry so fast that you have sun streaks. _Don___ ’t you know anything, sheriff?”

The sheriff pointed out _at___ one of the horns was broken at the _tip___ . “When did that happen?” he asked. “When did __that__ happen?” Choi asked. “Oh, good grief! I never __even__ noticed that! Do you know how expensive these____ __horns__ are? They don’t grow on trees, you know. __I__ wonder if I can find the missing piece __and__ superglue it back on.”

The sheriff then showed __the__ mayor the tip of a bull horn. “Do__you__ think this is the missing piece?” The mayor __was__ astounded. He looked at it, turned it over __in__ his hands, and then placed it on the__horn__ , where it fit perfectly. “That’s fantastic, sheriff! Thank __you__ so much! Where did you find it?”

“Where__did__ I find it? It was next to Farmer__Brown__ ’s calf that you killed back there about an _hour___ ago.” The mayor’s mouth dropped open. “Calf! What__calf__ ? What are you talking about? I had no__idea__ . I thought I hit a speed bump. What _was___ his calf doing out in the middle of __the__ road in the middle of the night?

“We’ll __settle__ this in court. I’m an innocent man. By __the__ way, get that calf over to Lester’s butcher _shop___ right now. We’ll have us a big barbecue __tomorrow__ at city hall. And don’t forget to invite __Farmer___ Brown. I know he’ll forgive me after he ____tastes__ Lester’s world-famous rib eye.”

Thị trưởng từ chối đóng tiền phạt Đụng rồi bỏ chạy

Thị trưởng Sacrapinto, J.K. Choi, 35, đã bị phạt vì đụng rồi bỏ chạy tối qua bởi cảnh sát trưởng thị trấn. Một con bê được phát hiện nằm chết giữa đường Arlington Drive lúc 10:00 tối. Nhân chứng, Emily Parker, 20 tuổi, nói cô thấy chiếc xe đụng con bê rồi tiếp tục chạy. Cô không thấy người lái nhưng cô nhận ra cái mũ trang trí trên xe-một cặp sừng bò.

"Oh, vâng," Emily nói. "Tôi biết đó là chiếc xe của thị trưởng. Đó là chiếc xe duy nhất trong thị trấn có sừng bò trên nóc." Hỏi làm sao cô có thể thấy sừng bò trong đêm, cô trả lời, "Oh, anh không biết? Hai tháng trước thị trưởng gắn đèn neon lên sừng, nên chúng có màu tím nhạt lấp lánh vào đêm. Chúng nhìn rất đẹp."

Cảnh sát trưởng lái xe đến nhà thị trưởng, khoảng năm dặm từ quảng trường thành phố và thấy thị trưởng đang rửa chiếc xe 1972 Kadillac. Ông hỏi tại sao thị trưởng rửa xe trễ vào đêm. "Vì đó là lúc mặt trời không làm xe khô quá nhanh làm ra những vết rạn. Anh không biết gì sao, cảnh sát trưởng?"

Cảnh sát trưởng chỉ một chiếc sừng bị gãy ở đầu. "Chuyện đó xảy ra lúc nào?" Ông hỏi. "Chuyện đó xảy ra lúc nào?" Choi hỏi. "Oh, nỗi sầu khổ tốt đây! Tôi không nhận ra điều đó! Anh có biết cái sừng mắc như thế nào không? Chúng không mọc trên cây, anh biết đó. Tôi tự hỏi không biết tìm đâu phần bị mất để gắn keo lại."

Cảnh sát lúc đó đưa cho ông thị trưởng mẩu sừng bò. "Ông có nghĩ đây là phần bị mất?" Thị trưởng kinh ngạc. Ông nhìn nó, lật trong tay, và rồi đặt nó lên chiếc sừng, nơi nó vừa vặn hoàn hảo. "Thật tuyệt vời, cảnh sát trưởng! Cảm ơn nhiều! Ông tìm ra nó ở đâu vậy?"

"Tôi tìm ra nó ở đâu ư? Nó gần chổ con bê của ông nông dân Brown mà ông đã giết khoảng một giờ trước." Thị trưởng há hốc mồm. "Con bê! Con bê nào? Anh nói gì vậy? Tôi không biết gì. Tôi nghĩ tôi đụng phải một cái đụng tốc độ. Con bê của ông ta làm gì ngoài giữa đường giữa đêm thế?

"Chúng ta sẽ giải quyết việc này trong toà án. Tôi vô tội. Nhân tiện, hãy đem con bê đến tiệm mổ Lester bây giờ. Chúng ta sẽ ăn thịt nướng to vào tối mai tại quảng trường. Và đừng quên mới ông nông dân Brown. Tôi biết ông ta sẽ tha lỗi cho tôi sau khi nêm thử miếng sườn Leslter nổi tiếng thế giới.

437158 top -
LESSON 222:

MAYOR DENIES HIT-AND-RUN CHARGE-
THỊ TRƯỞNG PHỦ NHẬN CÁO BUỘC GÂY RA TAI NẠN GIAO THÔNG RỒI BỎ CHẠY.

*Vocabulary:

-----------------------------------------------------------
• astound: sửng sốt, cực kỳ ngạc nhiên.
• barbecue: tiệc ngoài trời có nướng thức ăn.
• bull: bò đực.
• butcher: đồ tể, người làm nghề mổ thịt.
• calf: con bê.
• fantastic: tuyệt vời.
• glue: keo dán.
• grief: nỗi đau buồn/sầu khổ/thương tiếc.
• hood: mui xe.
• horn: còi, sừng trâu bò.
• innocent: vô tội.
• neon: nê-ông.
• ornament: đồ trang hoàng, trang trí.
• recognize: công nhận, thừa nhận.
• sheriff: cảnh sát trưởng.
• streak: sọc, vệt.
• witness: nhân chứng.
• rib_eye: thịt nạc lưng bò.

*Yes/No Questions:
------------------------------------------------------------------
• Was the mayor charged with hit-and-run driving?
- Yes, he was.

• Is the mayor thirty-five?
- Yes, he is.

• Is the calf still alive?
- No, it isn't.

• Did the accident occur in the evening?
- No, it didn't. The accident occured at night.

• Did Emily see the accident happen?
- Yes, she did.

• Did Emily see Mr. Choi driving the car?
- No, she didn't.

• Does the car have a hood ornament?
- Yes, it did..

• Can you see the bull horns in the dark?
- Yes, I can. Because the mayor got his horns neonized a couple of months ago.

• Did the sheriff visit the mayor?
- Yes, he did.

• Does the mayor live five blocks from city hall?
- Yes, he doees.

*Fill in blanks:
------------------------------------------------------------------
The mayor of Sacrapinto, J.K. Choi, 35, was charged with hit-and-run driving last night by the town sheriff. A freshly killed calf was discovered lying in the middle of Arlington Drive at about 10:00 p.m. A witness, 20-year-old Emily Parker, said she saw the car hit the calf and keep going. She didn’t see the driver but she did recognize the hood ornament on the car—a pair of bull horns.

“Oh, yes ,” Emily said, “I know that’s the mayor’s car. It’s the only car in town with bull horns on the hood.” Asked how she could see the bull horns at night, she replied, “Oh, didn’t you know ? A couple of months ago the mayor got his horns neonized, so they have this soft purple glow at night. They’re really cool-looking.”

The sheriff drove over to the mayor’s house, which is about five miles from city hall, and found the mayor washing his 1972 Kadillac. He asked why the mayor was washing his car so late at night. “Because that’s when there’s no hot sun that causes the car to dry so fast that you have sun streaks. Don’t you know anything, sheriff?”

The sheriff pointed out that one of the horns was broken at the tip. “When did that happen?” he asked. “When did what happen?” Choi asked. “Oh, good grief! I never even noticed that! Do you know how expensive these horns are? They don’t grow on trees, you know. I wonder if I can find the missing piece and superglue it back on.”

The sheriff then showed the mayor the tip of a bull horn. “Do you think this is the missing piece?” The mayor was astounded. He looked at it, turned it over in his hands, and then placed it on the horn , where it fit perfectly. “That’s fantastic, sheriff! Thank you so much! Where did you find it?”

“Where did I find it? It was next to Farmer Brown ’s calf that you killed back there about an hour ago.” The mayor’s mouth dropped open. “Calf! What calf? What are you talking about? I had no idea. I thought I hit a speed bump. What was his calf doing out in the middle of the road in the middle of the night?

“We’ll settle this in court. I’m an innocent man. By the way, get that calf over to Lester’s butcher shop right now. We’ll have us a big barbecue tomorrow at city hall. And don’t forget to invite Farmer Brown. I know he’ll forgive me after he tastes Lester’s world-famous rib eye.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------
J.K Choi, 35 tuổi, thị trưởng Sacrapinto, đã phủ nhận cáo buộc của cảnh sát trưởng thị trấn về việc lái xe gây ra tai nạn giao thông rồi bỏ chạy vào tối hôm qua. Một con bê vừa bị giết được phát hiện đang nằm giữa đường Arlington Drive vào khoảng 10 giờ tối. Emily Parker-20-tuổi, nhân chứng, cho biết cô thấy chiếc xe tông vào con bê và tiếp tục chạy. Cô không trông thấy người tài xế nhưng cô nhận ra vật trang trí trên mui xe-đó là một cặp sừng bò.

"Ồ, vâng," Emily nói, "Tôi biết đó là chiếc xe của thị trưởng. Đây là chiếc xe độc nhất trong thị trấn có sừng bò trên mui xe." Khi được hỏi làm sao cô thấy được sừng bò trên mui xe trong đêm tối như thế, cô trả lời, "À, ông không biết sao? Hai tháng trước đây thị trưởng đã gắn đèn nê-ông vào cặp sừng, vì thế nó có ánh sáng màu tím dìu dịu trong đêm. Chúng thật sự rất đẹp."

Cảnh sát trưởng lái xe qua nhà thị trưởng, nơi chỉ cách toà thị chính khoảng năm dặm đường, và thấy thị trưởng đang rửa chiếc xe Kadillac đời 1972 của mình. Ông hỏi tại sao thị trưởng lại rửa xe vào đêm hôm khuya khoắt như thế. "Bởi vì đó là lúc không có ánh mặt trời nóng rẫy làm cho xe ông khô nhanh đến nỗi có những đường sọc. Ông không biết điều gì cả sao, cảnh sát trưởng?"

Cảnh sát trưởng chỉ vào một trong những chiếc sừng bò bị gãy ở phần đầu. "Chuyện đó xảy ra khi nào?" Ông hỏi. "Chuyện gì xảy ra khi nào chứ?" Choi hỏi. "Ối, Trời đất ơi! Tôi cũng không nhận ra luôn! Ông biết mấy cái sừng bò này mắc tiền thế nào không? Ông biết rồi đấy, chúng đâu phải ở trên trời rơi xuống. Tôi tự hỏi mình có thể tìm được miếng đã bị mất hay không và dùng keo siêu dính dán nó lại.

Cảnh sát trưởng liền đưa thị trưởng xem phần đầu của chiếc sừng bò. "Cậu có nghĩ đây chính là miếng đã bị mất không? Ngài thị trưởng cực kỳ ngạc nhiên. Ông nhìn chăm chú, lật đi lật lại trên hai tay, và rồi đặt nó vào cái sừng, là nơi nó ăn khớp một cách hoàn hảo. "Thật tuyệt vời, cảnh sát trưởng! Cám ơn ông rất nhiều! Ông tìm thấy nó ở đâu vậy?"

"Tôi tìm thấy nó ở đâu sao?" Nó ở ngay bên cạnh con bê của Trang trại Brown mà anh đã giết rồi để lại đó cách đây một tiếng đồng hồ." Ngài thị trưởng há hốc miệng. "Con bê! Con bê gì chứ? Ông đang nói về cái gì thế? Tôi không biết gì cả. Tôi nghĩ tôi đụng vào một cái gờ giảm tốc. Vậy chứ con bê của ông ta làm gì giữa đường ngay giữa đêm khuya như thế?

"Chúng ta sẽ giải quyết vấn đề này tại toà án. "Tôi là một người vô tội. Tiện thể, hãy mang con bê sang chỗ hàng thịt Lester ngay thôi. Ngày mai, chúng ta sẽ có một buổi tiệc nướng đầy ý nghĩa tại toà thị chính. Và đừng quên mời ông chủ trang trại Brown. Tôi chắc chắn là ông ấy sẽ bỏ qua cho tôi sau khi ông ấy nếm món thịt nạc lưng bò nổi tiếng-thế giới của Lester.

475283 top -

. 1.New To America
. 2.A Haircut
. 3.The Yardman
. 4.Grab Your Umbrellas
. 5.Shopping for Bargains
. 6.Horses to Ride
. 7.A Shower Injury
. 8.Pete's Sharp Knife
. 9.A Good Sandwich
. 10.Sara's Upset Stomach
. 11.Please Marry Me!
. 12.Laundry Day
. 13.A Noisy Neighbor
. 14.The New Realtor
. 15.The Fire Alarm
. 16.Eddie's Short Visit
. 17.Carbon Monoxide
. 18.A Visit to Asia
. 19.School Boys
. 20.The Loose Button
. 21.The Pile of Paper
. 22.Brushing and Flossing
. 23.Raising the Kids
. 24.A Clean Toilet Bowl
. 25.A Love Letter
. 26.A Bird Attacks
. 27.A Daytime Robbery
. 28.Trick or Treat
. 29.The Motorcycle Rider
. 30.Spock Saves His Dad
. 31.Provider Overbills Customer
. 32.The Breakup
. 33.Famous Model Dies
. 34.Shopping Carts Everywhere
. 35.Four Slit Throats
. 36.Does Garlic Mean Garlic?
. 37.A Jealous Girlfriend
. 38.Towns Hit by Snowstorms
. 39.Another Jealous Girlfriend
. 40.She Loves Her Son
. 41.The Doctor’s Exam
. 42.Hospitals Can Make You Sick
. 43.English Is So Hard
. 44.Hollywood Stars and Tourists
. 45.GEICO’s TV Lizard
. 46.Law and Order in LA
. 47.Destruction of Iraq
. 48.Have You Seen This Man?
. 49.LA Traffic Report
. 50.LA Radio News

. 51.Trash Truck Misses Pick-up
. 52.Her First Driving Accident
. 53.You’re Not a Good Principal
. 54.I’ve Got You Covered
. 55.Paris Goes to Jail in LA
. 56.A Year with No TV
. 57.Let’s Buy Some Paint
. 58.I Need Water for My Clients
. 59.Putting Bunny to Sleep
. 60.Where Is That Darn Battery?
. 61.If You Really Love Me…
. 62.The Wedding Gift (1)
. 63.The Wedding Gift (2)
. 64.Does a Tiger Change Its Stripes?
. 65.No Place Like an Open House
. 66."We Could Have All Died!"
. 67.It’s the Thought that Counts
. 68.Who Ordered the Scallops?
. 69.You’re Not My Daddy
. 70.Let He Who Is Without Sin…
. 71.Shopping at the 99 Cents Store
. 72.Betting Big in Vegas
. 73.Priced to Sell!
. 74.The Handyman Comes
. 75.A Woman Has Needs
. 76.A Hot Day and a Cool Pool
. 77.Up, Up, and Away
. 78.Man's Best Friend
. 79.Six Feet Under
. 80.An Unhappy Worker
. 81.Why the Sky Is Brown
. 82.It’s a Small World
. 83.Suspicious Shoppers
. 84.Death Is Part of Life
. 85.Tagger Shoots Woman
. 86.Crime on the Rise
. 87.Too Soft on Crime
. 88.Pluto Chases Kid
. 89.In Harm’s Way
. 90."Semper Buy"
. 91.A Little Respect, Please
. 92.A Dream from Beyond-1
. 93.A Dream from Beyond-2
. 94.A Trip to Egypt
. 95.No Doughnuts for Old Folks
. 96.It’s Just Business
. 97.A Walk in the Wild
. 98.Elvis Is Alive and Well
. 99.Bad Weed, Bad Call
. 100.Shark Attack

. 101.Love in the Hospital
. 102.Interstate Bridge Collapses
. 103.Stop Selling Those Bunnies
. 104.Actor Tries to Kill Himself
. 105.US Senator Says He’s not Gay
. 106.E.Coli Is Everywhere
. 107.Influenza
. 108.The Hospital Orderly-1
. 109.The Hospital Orderly-2
. 110.Flower Power
. 111.Dog Inherits Millions
. 112.Man Holds Staff Hostage
. 113.Young Boy Defends Sister
. 114.Remember Me?
. 115.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 116.Sail Around the World
. 117.New Dog-Barking Law
. 118.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-1
. 119.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-2
. 120.Cleaning a Dirty Plate
. 121.Her Driving Lesson
. 122.Hurricane Dean
. 123.Adventurer Disappears
. 124.Nursing Student Disappears
. 125.The Lovely Banana
. 126.Smells like Chicken
. 127.The Wedding-1
. 128.The Wedding-2
. 129.The Waiter
. 130.Your Country Thanks You
. 131.D.B.Cooper Lives On-1
. 132.D.B.Cooper Lives On-2
. 133.I’m No Alcoholic!
. 134.48 Homes Burn Down-1
. 135.48 Homes Burn Down-2
. 136.Drought Attacks Georgia
. 137.A Bad MRI Experience
. 138.Body in a Barrel-1
. 139.Body in a Barrel-2
. 140.Red Meat, Gray Water
. 141.All Bite, No Bark
. 142.Tiger Kills Two Men-1
. 143.Tiger Kills Two Men-2
. 144.Red Flowers Make Her See Red
. 145.The Starbucks Robbery
. 146.The Argument-1
. 147.The Argument-2
. 148.The Toilet Tank-1
. 149.The Toilet Tank-2
. 150.Santa Was Molested

. 151.Fire Kills Two Young Girls
. 152.Police Arrest Fire-Starters
. 153.Get out of "Jail"-1
. 154.Get out of "Jail"-2
. 155.New Year Celebrations
. 156.$50K to Waitress-1
. 157.$50K to Waitress-2
. 158.Who Needs School?
. 159.Black Friday
. 160.JFK Assassination
. 161.Don’t Top Off the Tanks
. 162.The Clapper
. 163.Tuberculosis Still Kills
. 164.Old Dogs Become Young Again
. 165.Ham and Eggplant
. 166.A Hole in Her Ear-1
. 167.A Hole in Her Ear-2
. 168.The Drugs Keep Coming
. 169.Missing Husband-1
. 170.Missing Husband-2
. 171.Don’t Get Mad-Get Even
. 172.The Christmas Gift-1
. 173.The Christmas Gift-2
. 174.The Haircut-1
. 175.The Haircut-2
. 176.The Robbery at the Mall-1
. 177.The Robbery at the Mall-2
. 178.The Driving Lesson-1
. 179.The Driving Lesson-2
. 180.The Move to Georgia-1
. 181.The Move to Georgia-2
. 182.I’ll Get a Job in a Restaurant
. 183.A Cleaner River-1
. 184.A Cleaner River-2
. 185.The Spitter
. 186.Kill Those Flies-1
. 187.Kill Those Flies-2
. 188.The Oil Change-1
. 189.The Oil Change-2
. 190.Boy Starts Huge Fire
. 191.Writers Go on Strike
. 192.Please Don’t Hurt Me!
. 193.It’s Just a Little White Lie
. 194.Jury Service in California
. 195.The Rude Golfer-1
. 196.The Rude Golfer-2
. 197.Man Invents Toilet for Cars
. 198.Monkeys Cause Man’s Death
. 199.The Light Eater-1
. 200.The Light Eater-2

. 201.Sara Went Shopping
. 202.Man Injured at Fast Food Place
. 203.A Life-Saving Cow
. 204.Driver Loses Mabel, Finds Jail
. 205.Jerry Decided To Buy a Gun
. 206.Freeway Chase
. 207.Better To Be Unlucky
. 208.Food Fight Erupted in Prison
. 209.How His Pig is Doing
. 210.Goats Being Hired
. 211.A Missing Cat
. 212.Book Him
. 213.Water Under the Sink-1
. 214.Water Under the Sink-2
. 215.Theft Occurs Everywhere
. 216.Eggs and a Bunny
. 217.Goodbye to Clean Couple
. 218.$100 Deposit
. 219.Books Don’t Grow on Trees
. 220.A Murder-Suicide
. 221.New Store and Its Owners
. 222.Hit-and-Run Charge
. 223.Gasoline Prices Hit Record High
. 224.A Festival of Books
. 225.Crazy Housing Prices
. 226.Happy and Unhappy Renters
. 227.Pulling Out Nine Tons of Trash
. 228.Cloning Pets
. 229.Rentals at the Oceanside
. 230.Trees Are a Threat
. 231.Gets Booked, Writes a Book
. 232.Popular Park Reopens
. 233.Swim Classes Begin Soon
. 234.Not Sitting Around
. 235.Get Millions for Homeless
. 236.Tenants Watch Building Burn
. 237.Bathtub Blues
. 238.Blood Drive at Civic Center
. 239.City Hosts 42nd Art Fair
. 240.City and Crime
. 241.Bank Robbery
. 242.Immigration Goes Online
. 243.Jimmy Fixes His Door
. 244.Needs a New Air-Conditioner
. 245.Man Gets 12 Years for Fraud
. 246.Man Shoots Up Post Office
. 247.Murals Are Over 200 Years Old
. 248.Pier Collapses
. 249.Cameras in Police Cars
. 250.A School Girl Sues Her School

. 251.SUV Driver Sends Officer Flying
. 252.Boy Drowns in Neighbor's Pool
. 253.Woman Dies in House Fire
. 254.Plane Crashes into House
. 255.Fishing for Girls
. 256.Shot Next to Christmas Tree
. 257.Stabbed Outside Nightclub
. 258.Fishing Boat Sinks
. 259.The Mysterious Carport Stain
. 260.Lies About Winning Lottery
. 261.Victory Dance Leads to Death
. 262.Eat Your Vegetables
. 263.Honk if You're in a Hurry
. 264.The Man Who Loved Women
. 265.How to Get out of Jury Duty
. 266.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 267.Female Seeks Mature Male
. 268.Let’s Go Fishing
. 269.Train Wreck “Frees” Cows
. 270.Valuable Guitar Found
. 271.Stepmother Kills Herself
. 272.Beautiful Teacher Smiles
. 273.Are Criminals Taking Over LA?
. 274.Police Arrest Happy Van Driver
. 275.Say Your Prayers
. 276.The Final Phone Call
. 277.Almost Perfect Children
. 278.There Goes the Neighborhood!
. 279.Let’s Go to Vegas!
. 280.Squirrel Attacks Woman
. 281.To Save His Baby
. 282.English Is Confusing
. 283.Pump Up the Tires
. 284.Don’t Go Swimming
. 285.The Park That Went to the Dogs
. 286.Can You Spare a Carburetor?
. 287.Golf Like a Girl
. 288.Take Me Out to the Ball Game
. 289.Take This Job and Shove It
. 290.Where Did That Book Go?
. 291.When You’ve Got Your Health
. 292.That ‘New Car’ Smell
. 293.Inviting Poor Student to Dinner
. 294.When I'm in the Bathroom
. 295.It Was an Old, Worthless Clock
. 296.Five-Finger Discount on Candy
. 297.Collecting Seashells
. 298.At the Store Entrance
. 299.We Will See the World
. 300.Get Me a Caffe Latte

. 301.The Slow Computer-1
. 302.The Slow Computer-2
. 303.The Careful Reader
. 304.Avoid the Flu
. 305.Magician Attracts Women
. 306.US Border Patrol
. 307.Car Shopping in California
. 308.Happy Anniversary
. 309.“Read All about It!”
. 310.A Factory Worker
. 311.Bad Pork
. 312.Don’t Eat the Meat
. 313.Copper Robbers
. 314.Weekly Driving Lessons-1
. 315.Weekly Driving Lessons-2
. 316.Laundry Day-1
. 317.Laundry Day-2
. 318.The Bargain CD Set-1
. 319.The Bargain CD Set-2
. 320.It’s All Over
. 321.The New Clothes-1
. 322.The New Clothes-2
. 323.Food as Punishment
. 324.US Passports Outsourced
. 325.The Demanding Son
. 326.A Practical Joke
. 327.The Dead Pedestrian
. 328.Bad News, Good News
. 329.The Cluster Balloonist
. 330.The Rude Clerk
. 331.The Tax Charge
. 332.The Fire in the Hills-1
. 333.The Fire in the Hills-2
. 334.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-1
. 335.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-2
. 336.The Rental Car-1
. 337.The Rental Car-2
. 338.The Marathon Cheater
. 339.School Bus Crashes
. 340.Don’t Take My Property
. 341.New Law for Taco Trucks
. 342.The Refund-1
. 343.The Refund-2
. 344.Shut Your Mouth
. 345.TSA’s New Policy-1
. 346.TSA’s New Policy-2
. 347.I’m Pregnant
. 348.Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage
. 349.Impolite to His Brother
. 350.Protecting the Public
. 351.Malibu to License Paparazzi
. 352.I'm Moving to NY
. 353.The Heart Attack-1
. 354.The Heart Attack-2
. 355.Let's Speak English

THE END

Update: October 16th, 2016.
PayPal về email:
thuquy.vietditru@gmail.com

Chi phiếu gửi về:
Jimmy Ton
4369 46 St.
San Diego, CA 92115

Việt Nam chuyển tới:
Phạm Thị Tuyết Phượng
Số tài khoản: 4973099
ACB Châu Văn Liêm, TPHCM

Ý kiến về Quỹ VietDitru

*Lãnh Sự Quán bước đầu trở lại xử lý Hồ sơ Thị thực Định cư, bắt đầu từ Thứ Hai ngày 29/6/2020. Xem thông tin chi tiết

ESL đăng ký: Bạn không cần phải đăng ký gì cả. Chỉ việc nhẩy vào bài ESL 1 học và làm bài tập. Tiếp tục những bài kế tiếp càng nhanh càng tốt. Mình sẽ 888 và thỉnh thoảng cùng nhau nhắc nhở cho vui hén. Chứ thật ra việc học là việc của tự bản thân mình. Mình giỏi thì mình được nhờ hén.

Nickname           # bài
-----------------------------------------
Anthonydavetruong 51
BaoLaTinhChua 1
Bluecloud 1
bongbong 3
Brianthao08 2
Brenda 8
Cachua 4
Catandpuppy 2
Chaubaoct 11
Chauongco 2