ESL 288: Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Ralph and Ilene hadn't been to a baseball game in about five years. They were only 15 miles from the stadium, but the heavy traffic on game day made those 15 miles seem more like 60 miles. It took about an hour to get to the stadium. Then, when the game was over, it took half an hour just to get out of the parking lot. Then the drive home was another hour. In other words, the traveling took longer than the game itself.

"Honey, the Giants are in town," Ilene said. "I want to see Barry Bonds hit a home run. Can we go to the game? We haven't gone in such a long time."

"You're right. It has been a while. OK, I'll go if you don't mind driving," said Ralph.

"Great! Let's get ready. If we get there early enough, I might get his autograph. Maybe he'll hit a foul ball we can catch." Ilene was excited. "We!" " Ralph thought.

An hour later they were in their car. They lived in Pasadena near an old church. They went south on Orange Grove and then south on the 110 freeway. The 110 is California's original freeway, full of twists and turns. Accidents occur daily; California drivers think yellow lights and sharp curves mean the same thing—speed up!

The traffic was lighter than they expected. They arrived at the stadium 40 minutes before game time. They paid the $8 parking fee, parked and locked the car, and walked to the main entrance.

Several individuals were standing around outside the stadium, looking casual but actually selling tickets on the sly. "Are you going to buy from a scalper?" asked Ilene.

"Yes. Just like last time. That one looks honest," Ralph replied.

They walked over to a man in a red cap. Ralph's instincts were correct. The man had tickets for good seats at a fair price. Ralph gave the man $45 and thanked him.

"Don't thank me, my friend. Thank your local police department. Put your hands behind your back, please. You're under arrest."

"What?" Ralph was astonished. "What's going on?"

"Buying scalped tickets is illegal in Los Angeles," said the undercover police officer. "It's been illegal for 25 years. Don't worry. The police station is right outside the park. We'll have you back here right after we book you. You can pay the $150 fine with your credit card." The officer handcuffed Ralph.

"This has got to be a joke. You people have never enforced this law before," said Ralph.

"Well, we've got a new mayor and he wants us to enforce all the laws that bring in money. Come with me, please. I'll have you back here in 20 minutes. Ma'am, you can wait here for him. You might want to buy some legitimate tickets while you're waiting. Have a nice day. Oh, and enjoy the game!"

444798 top -

*Vocabulary:

• astonish:
• autograph:
• baseball:
• book:
• casual:
• curve:
• enforce:
• entrance:
• foul:
• illegal:
• individual:
• instinct:
• legitimate:
• mayor:
• original:
• scalp:
• scalper:
• sharp:
• stadium:
• twist:
• on the sly:

-------------------

*Wh-Questions:

• When did they last go to a baseball game?

• How far were they from the stadium?

• How much worse was traffic on game day?

• How long did it take to get to the stadium on game day?

• How long did it take to get out of the parking lot?

• What took longer than the game itself?

• Who/What are the Giants?

• Who/m did she want to see?

• What did she want to see Barry do?

• What did Ilene ask Ralph?

------------------

*Fill in blanks:

Ralph and Ilene hadn’t been to a baseball ____ in about five years. They were only 15 ____ from the stadium, but the heavy traffic on ____ day made those 15 miles seem more like ____ miles. It took about an hour to get ____ the stadium. Then, when the game was over, ____ took half an hour just to get out ____ the parking lot. Then the drive home was ____ hour. In other words, the traveling took longer ____ the game itself.

“Honey, the Giants are in ____ ,” Ilene said. “I want to see Barry Bonds ____ a home run. Can we go to the ____ ? We haven’t gone in such a long time.”

“____ ’re right. It has been a while. OK, I’ll ____ if you don’t mind driving,” said Ralph.

“Great! ____ ’s get ready. If we get there early enough, might get his autograph. Maybe he’ll hit a ____ ball we can catch.” Ilene was excited. “We!?” ____ thought.

An hour later they were in their ____ . They lived in Pasadena near an old church. ____ went south on Orange Grove and then south____ the 110 freeway. The 110 is California’s original____ , full of twists and turns. Accidents occur daily; ____ drivers think yellow lights and sharp curves mean same thing—speed up!

The traffic was lighter than ____ expected. They arrived at the stadium 40 minutes ____ game time. They paid the $8 parking fee, ____ and locked the car, and walked to the ____ entrance.

Several individuals were standing around outside the ____ , looking casual but actually selling tickets on the____ . “Are you going to buy from a scalper?” ____ Ilene.

“Yes. Just like last time. That one____ honest,” Ralph replied.

They walked over to a ____ in a red cap. Ralph’s instincts were correct. ____ man had tickets for good seats at a ____ price. Ralph gave the man $45 and thanked ____ .

“Don’t thank me, my friend. Thank your local ____ department. Put your hands behind your back, please. ____ ’re under arrest.”

“What?” Ralph was astonished. “What’s going ____ ?”

“Buying scalped tickets is illegal in Los Angeles,” ____ the undercover police officer. “It’s been illegal for ____ years. Don’t worry. The police station is right ____ the park. We’ll have you back here right ____ we book you. You can pay the $150 ____ with your credit card.” The officer handcuffed Ralph.

“____ has got to be a joke. You people ____ never enforced this law before,” said Ralph.

“Well, ____ ’ve got a new mayor and he wants us ____ enforce all the laws that bring in money. ____ with me, please. I’ll have you back here ____ 20 minutes. Ma’am, you can wait here for ____ . You might want to buy some legitimate tickets ____ you're waiting. Have a nice day. Oh, and ____ the game!”

----------------

*Translate into Vietnamese:

444800 top -

*Vocabulary:

• astonish: làm kinh ngạc
• autograph: chữ ký
• baseball: bóng chày
• book: sách
• casual: bình thường, tình cờ, ngẫu nhiên
• curve: cong
• enforce: nhấn mạnh
• entrance: lối vào
• foul: lổ mãng
• illegal: không hợp pháp
• individual: cá thể, từng người
• instinct: bản năng
• legitimate: hợp pháp
• mayor: thị trưởng
• original: gốc
• scalp: da đầu
• scalper: người giải phẩu bằng dao nhỏ
• sharp: sắc nét
• stadium: sân vận động
• twist: xoắn, xoáy
• on the sly:

==========================================================

*Wh-Questions:

• When did they last go to a baseball game? Five years ago

• How far were they from the stadium? 15 miles

• How much worse was traffic on game day? heavy traffic

• How long did it take to get to the stadium on game day? an hour

• How long did it take to get out of the parking lot? half an hour

• What took longer than the game itself? traveling

• Who/What are the Giants? baseball player

• Who/m did she want to see? Barry Bonds

• What did she want to see Barry do? hit a home run

• What did Ilene ask Ralph? go to the game

==========================================================

*Fill in blanks:

Ralph and Ilene hadn’t been to a baseball __game__ in about five years. They were only 15 __miles__ from the stadium, but the heavy traffic on __game__ day made those 15 miles seem more like __60__ miles. It took about an hour to get __to__ the stadium. Then, when the game was over, _it___ took half an hour just to get out __of__ the parking lot. Then the drive home was __another__ hour. In other words, the traveling took longer _than___ the game itself.

“Honey, the Giants are in __town__ ,” Ilene said. “I want to see Barry Bonds __hit__ a home run. Can we go to the __game__ ? We haven’t gone in such a long time.”

“___You_ ’re right. It has been a while. OK, I’ll __go__ if you don’t mind driving,” said Ralph.

“Great! __Let__ ’s get ready. If we get there early enough, might get his autograph. Maybe he’ll hit a __foul__ ball we can catch.” Ilene was excited. “We!?” __Ralph__ thought.

An hour later they were in their __car__ . They lived in Pasadena near an old church. _They___ went south on Orange Grove and then south___on_ the 110 freeway. The 110 is California’s original____freeway__ , full of twists and turns. Accidents occur daily; ____California__ drivers think yellow lights and sharp curves mean same thing—speed up!

The traffic was lighter than __they__ expected. They arrived at the stadium 40 minutes __before___ game time. They paid the $8 parking fee, ____parked__ and locked the car, and walked to the __main__ entrance.

Several individuals were standing around outside the ____stadium__ , looking casual but actually selling tickets on the__sly__ . “Are you going to buy from a scalper?” ____asked__ Ilene.

“Yes. Just like last time. That one____looked__ honest,” Ralph replied.

They walked over to a __man__ in a red cap. Ralph’s instincts were correct. _The___ man had tickets for good seats at a __fair__ price. Ralph gave the man $45 and thanked _him___ .

“Don’t thank me, my friend. Thank your local ____police__ department. Put your hands behind your back, please. __You__ ’re under arrest.”

“What?” Ralph was astonished. “What’s going _on___ ?”

“Buying scalped tickets is illegal in Los Angeles,” _said___ the undercover police officer. “It’s been illegal for __25__ years. Don’t worry. The police station is right ____outside__ the park. We’ll have you back here right ____after__ we book you. You can pay the $150 __fine__ with your credit card.” The officer handcuffed Ralph.

“__This__ has got to be a joke. You people __have__ never enforced this law before,” said Ralph.

“Well, __we__ ’ve got a new mayor and he wants us __to__ enforce all the laws that bring in money. __Come__ with me, please. I’ll have you back here ___in_ 20 minutes. Ma’am, you can wait here for _him___ . You might want to buy some legitimate tickets ____while__ you're waiting. Have a nice day. Oh, and ____enjoy__ the game!”

===========================================================

Chở em đi xem bóng chày

Ralph và Ilene đã không đi xem bóng chày khoảng năm năm rồi. Họ chỉ cách sân vận động 15 dặm, nhưng đường đi đông vào ngày có trận đấu làm 15 dặm đó thành như đi 60 dặm. Phải tống cả giờ để đến sân vận động. Rồi, khi hết trận đấu, phải tốn thêm nửa giờ đề ra khỏi chổ đậu xe. Rồi lái về nhà hết một giờ nữa. Nói cách khác, di chuyển tốn thời gian hơn trận đấu.

"Anh yêu, những người khổng lồ đang ở thị trấn," Ilene nói. "Em muốn xem Barry Bonds đánh cú chạy về. Chúng mình đi xem nhé? Mình chưa đi lâu lắm rồi."

"Em nói phải. Đã lâu rồi. OK, Anh sẽ đi nếu em không ngại chuyện lái xe," Ralph nói.

"Tuyệt! Hãy sẳn sàng. Nếu đến đó sớm, em có thể xin chữ ký anh ấy. Có thể anh ấy sẽ đánh một quả tồi mà chúng ta có thẻ bắt được." Ilene phấn khích. "Chúng ta!" Ralph nghĩ.

Một giờ sau họ đã ở trong xe. Họ sống ở Pasadena gần nhà thờ cũ. Họ xuống nam Orange Grove và phía nam trên đường 110 cao tốc. Đường 110 là đường cao tốc gốc California , đầy đường cong, quẹo. Tai nạn xảy ra hàng ngày; tài xế California nghĩ đèn vàng và những đường khúc khuỷu cong nhọn như nhau-tăng tốc!

Giao thông nhẹ nhàng hơn họ trông đợi. Họ đến sân vận động 40 phút trước trận đấu. Họ trả $8 đô tiền đậu xe, đậu và khoá xe, và đi bộ đến cổng vào.

Vài người đứng rải rác ngoài sân vận động, nhìn bình thường nhưng thực ra bán vé chợ đen. "Anh có định mua vé từ một scalper?" Ilene hỏi.

"Có. Giống như lần trước. Người này xem thật thà, " Ralph trả lời.

Họ đi bộ lại người đàn ông đội nón đỏ. Linh tính của Ralph đúng. Người đàn ông có vé chổ tốt với giá tốt. Ralph đưa người đàn ông $45 đô và cảm ơn anh ta.

"Đừng cảm ơn tôi, anh bạn. Cảm ơn cảnh sát địa phương. Để tay ra sau lưng, làm ơn. Anh đã bị bắt."

"Cái gì?" Ralph ngạc nhiên. "Có chuyện gì xảy ra vậy?"

"Mua vé lậu là bất hợp pháp tại Los Angeles," viên cảnh sát chìm nói. "Đã bất hợp pháp 25 năm. Đừng lo. Đồn cảnh sát chỉ ngoài chổ đậu xe. Chúng tôi sẽ cho anh trở lại đây sau khi ghi tên anh. anh có thể đóng tiền phạt $150 bằng thẻ tín dụng." Cảnh sát còng tay Ralph.

"Đây phải là chuyện đùa. Các anh chưa bao giờ ban hành luật này," Ralph nói.

"À, chúng ta có thị trưởng mới và ông ta muốn chúng tôi thực hành những luật mang tiền phạt lại. Đi với tôi, làm ơn. Tôi sẽ cho anh trở lại đây trong 20 phút. Còn cô, cô có thể đợi ở đây chờ anh ấy. Cô có thể muốn mua vé hợp pháp trong khi đợi. Chúc một ngày tốt lành. Oh, và đi xem trận đấu vui vẻ nhé!"

445180 top -
LESSON 288:

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME -

DẪN EM ĐI XEM TRẬN BÓNG NÀY ĐI

*Vocabulary:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
• astonish: lấy làm ngạc nhiên.
• autograph: xin chữ ký của người nào đó.
• baseball: bóng chày.
• book: bị tóm, bị giữ.
• casual: tình cờ, bất chợt, ngẫu nhiên, vô tình.
• curve: đường cung, đường vòng, quanh co.
• enforce: thực thi, bắt tuân theo, đem thi hành (luật lệ).
• entrance: lối vào.
• foul: chơi trái luật, chơi ăn gian, chơi xấu.
• illegal: bất hợp pháp, trái luật.
• individual: riêng lẻ, một mình, cá nhân.
• instinct: bản năng.
• legitimate: hợp pháp, đúng luật.
• mayor: thị trưởng.
• original: đầu tiên, căn nguyên.
• scalp: đầu cơ để kiếm chác, mua đi bán lại để kiếm chác.
• scalper: phe vé, đầu cơ vé, bán vé chợ đen.
• sharp: thình lình, đột ngột.
• stadium: sân vận động.
• twist: khúc cong, khúc lượn quanh co, chỗ rẽ.
• on the sly: kín đáo, bí mật.

*Wh-Questions:
------------------------------------------------------------------
• When did they last go to a baseball game?
- They last went to a baseball game in about five years.

• How far were they from the stadium?
- They were only 15 miles from the stadium.

• How much worse was traffic on game day?
- The traffic was heavy on game day.

• How long did it take to get to the stadium on game day?
- It took about an hour to get to the stadium on game day.

• How long did it take to get out of the parking lot?
- It took half an hour just to get out of the parking lot.

• What took longer than the game itself?
- The traveling took longer than the game itself.

• Who/What are the Giants?
-
• Who/m did she want to see?
- She wanted to see Barry Bonds.

• What did she want to see Barry do?
- She wanted to see Barry hit a home run.

• What did Ilene ask Ralph?
- Ilene asked Ralph go to the game.

*Fill in blanks:
Ralph and Ilene hadn’t been to a baseball game in about five years. They were only 15 miles from the stadium, but the heavy traffic on game day made those 15 miles seem more like 60 miles. It took about an hour to get to the stadium. Then, when the game was over, they took half an hour just to get out of the parking lot. Then the drive home was another hour. In other words, the traveling took longer than the game itself.

“Honey, the Giants are in town,” Ilene said. “I want to see Barry Bonds hit a home run. Can we go to the game? We haven’t gone in such a long time.”

You’re right. It has been a while. OK, I’ll go if you don’t mind driving,” said Ralph.

“Great! Let’s get ready. If we get there early enough, Imight get his autograph. Maybe he’ll hit a foul ball we can catch.” Ilene was excited. “We!?” Ralph thought.

An hour later they were in their car. They lived in Pasadena near an old church. They went south on Orange Grove and then south on the 110 freeway. The 110 is California’s original freeway, full of twists and turns. Accidents occur daily; California drivers think yellow lights and sharp curves mean same thing—speed up!

The traffic was lighter than they expected. They arrived at the stadium 40 minutes for game time. They paid the $8 parking fee, parked and locked the car, and walked to the main entrance.

Several individuals were standing around outside the stadium, looking casual but actually selling tickets on the sly. “Are you going to buy from a scalper?” asked Ilene.

“Yes. Just like last time. That one looks honest,” Ralph replied.

They walked over to a man in a red cap. Ralph’s instincts were correct. The man had tickets for good seats at a fair price. Ralph gave the man $45 and thanked him .

“Don’t thank me, my friend. Thank your local police department. Put your hands behind your back, please. You’re under arrest.”

“What?” Ralph was astonished. “What’s going on ?”

“Buying scalped tickets is illegal in Los Angeles,” said the undercover police officer. “It’s been illegal for 25 years. Don’t worry. The police station is right outside the park. We’ll have you back here right after we book you. You can pay the $150 fine with your credit card.” The officer handcuffed Ralph.

This has got to be a joke. You people have never enforced this law before,” said Ralph.

“Well, we’ve got a new mayor and he wants us to enforce all the laws that bring in money. Come with me, please. I’ll have you back here in 20 minutes. Ma’am, you can wait here for him. You might want to buy some legitimate tickets while you're waiting. Have a nice day. Oh, and enjoy the game!”

Ralph và Ilene không được đến trận đấu bóng chày khoảng năm năm rồi. Họ cách sân vận động chỉ 15 dặm, nhưng xe cộ đông đúc trong ngày thi đấu khiến cho 15 dặm trông có vẻ hơn 60 dặm. Mất một tiếng đồng hồ để đến sân vận động. Rồi, khi trận đấu kết thúc, mất đúng nữa tiếng đồng hồ để ra khỏi bãi đậu xe. Sau đó lái xe về nhà là một tiếng đồng hồ nữa. Nói một cách khác, việc đi lại mất nhiều thời gian hơn chính trận đấu bóng.

"Anh yêu à, đội bóng đang ở trong thị trấn. Ilene nói. "Em muốn xem Barry Bonds đánh một cú home run (cú đánh cho phép người đánh chạy quanh ghi điểm mà khỏi phải dừng lại.) Chúng mình có thể đến xem trận đấu không? Mình đã không vào đó trong một thời gian dài như thế."

"Em nói đúng đấy. Đã lâu rồi. Được rồi, anh sẽ đi nếu em không lo lắng về chuyện lái xe." Ralph nói.

"Thật tuyệt! Chúng ta chuẩn bị đi nào. Nếu chúng ta đến nơi đó sớm sủa, em có thể xin được chữ ký của anh ấy. Có thể chúng ta sẽ bắt được quả bóng phạm lỗi của anh ấy." Ilene phấn khích. "Chúng ta sao" Ralph nghĩ.

Một tiếng đồng hồ sau đó họ đã ở trên xe của mình. Họ sống ở Pasadena gần một nhà thờ cổ. Họ đi về hướng nam trên đường Orange Grove và tiếp tục đi về hướng nam trên xa lộ 110. Xa lộ 110 là xa lộ đầu tiên của California, quanh co khúc khuỷu. Tai nạn xảy ra hàng ngày. Các bác tài ở California cứ nghĩ đèn vàng và những cung đường quẹo gấp đều là những thứ giống nhau-nên cứ thế tăng tốc!

Xe cộ lưu thông thoải mái hơn họ nghĩ. Họ đến sân vận động 40 phút trước giờ khai mạc trận đấu. Họ trả 8 đô-la tiền phí gởi xe, đậu và khoá xe lại, rồi đi đến cổng chính.

Một vài người đứng loanh quanh bên ngoài sân vận động. Nhìn trông bình thường nhưng thật sự là những người bán vé chợ đen. "Anh tính mua vé ở mấy tay phe vé sao? Ilene hỏi.

"Ừ, cũng giống lần trước thôi. Tay kia trông chất phác đấy," Ralph trả lời.

Họ đi qua chỗ người đàn ông đội mũ đỏ. Bản năng của Ralph đã đúng. Người đàn ông có vé với chỗ ngồi tốt và giá phải chăng. Ralph đưa người đàn ông 45 đô-la và cám ơn ông ta.

"Đừng cám ơn tôi, anh bạn. Cám ơn Sở Cảnh sát địa phương kìa. Làm ơn bỏ hai tay ra phía sau lưng. Anh đã bị bắt."

"Cái gì chứ?" Ralph lấy làm ngạc nhiên. "Chuyện gì đang xảy ra thế này?"

"Mua vé chợ đen là phạm luật ở Los Angeles," viên cảnh sát chìm nói. "Nó bất hợp pháp đã 25 năm rồi. Đừng lo lắng. Đồn cảnh sát ở ngay phía ngoài sân vận động. Chúng tôi sẽ để anh trở lại đây sau khi chúng tôi bắt giữ anh. Anh có thể nộp 150 đô-la tiền phạt với thẻ tín dụng của mình." Viên sĩ quan còng tay Ralph lại .

"Đây là một trò đùa mà. Trước đây người dân chưa bao giờ phải thi hành luật lệ này cả," Ralph nói.

"Được rồi, chúng tôi có một thị trưởng mới, và ông ấy yêu cầu chúng tôi phải thực thi tất cả các luật lệ mang lại tiền bạc. Vui lòng đi theo tôi. Tôi sẽ để anh quay trở lại đây trong 20 phút nữa. Thưa cô, cô có thể đợi anh ta. Có lẽ cô cần mua một vài vé hợp pháp trong khi chờ đợi. Chúc một ngày tốt lành. Ồ, và chúc cô xem cuộc thi đấu vui vẻ nhé.

490694 top -

. 1.New To America
. 2.A Haircut
. 3.The Yardman
. 4.Grab Your Umbrellas
. 5.Shopping for Bargains
. 6.Horses to Ride
. 7.A Shower Injury
. 8.Pete's Sharp Knife
. 9.A Good Sandwich
. 10.Sara's Upset Stomach
. 11.Please Marry Me!
. 12.Laundry Day
. 13.A Noisy Neighbor
. 14.The New Realtor
. 15.The Fire Alarm
. 16.Eddie's Short Visit
. 17.Carbon Monoxide
. 18.A Visit to Asia
. 19.School Boys
. 20.The Loose Button
. 21.The Pile of Paper
. 22.Brushing and Flossing
. 23.Raising the Kids
. 24.A Clean Toilet Bowl
. 25.A Love Letter
. 26.A Bird Attacks
. 27.A Daytime Robbery
. 28.Trick or Treat
. 29.The Motorcycle Rider
. 30.Spock Saves His Dad
. 31.Provider Overbills Customer
. 32.The Breakup
. 33.Famous Model Dies
. 34.Shopping Carts Everywhere
. 35.Four Slit Throats
. 36.Does Garlic Mean Garlic?
. 37.A Jealous Girlfriend
. 38.Towns Hit by Snowstorms
. 39.Another Jealous Girlfriend
. 40.She Loves Her Son
. 41.The Doctor’s Exam
. 42.Hospitals Can Make You Sick
. 43.English Is So Hard
. 44.Hollywood Stars and Tourists
. 45.GEICO’s TV Lizard
. 46.Law and Order in LA
. 47.Destruction of Iraq
. 48.Have You Seen This Man?
. 49.LA Traffic Report
. 50.LA Radio News

. 51.Trash Truck Misses Pick-up
. 52.Her First Driving Accident
. 53.You’re Not a Good Principal
. 54.I’ve Got You Covered
. 55.Paris Goes to Jail in LA
. 56.A Year with No TV
. 57.Let’s Buy Some Paint
. 58.I Need Water for My Clients
. 59.Putting Bunny to Sleep
. 60.Where Is That Darn Battery?
. 61.If You Really Love Me…
. 62.The Wedding Gift (1)
. 63.The Wedding Gift (2)
. 64.Does a Tiger Change Its Stripes?
. 65.No Place Like an Open House
. 66."We Could Have All Died!"
. 67.It’s the Thought that Counts
. 68.Who Ordered the Scallops?
. 69.You’re Not My Daddy
. 70.Let He Who Is Without Sin…
. 71.Shopping at the 99 Cents Store
. 72.Betting Big in Vegas
. 73.Priced to Sell!
. 74.The Handyman Comes
. 75.A Woman Has Needs
. 76.A Hot Day and a Cool Pool
. 77.Up, Up, and Away
. 78.Man's Best Friend
. 79.Six Feet Under
. 80.An Unhappy Worker
. 81.Why the Sky Is Brown
. 82.It’s a Small World
. 83.Suspicious Shoppers
. 84.Death Is Part of Life
. 85.Tagger Shoots Woman
. 86.Crime on the Rise
. 87.Too Soft on Crime
. 88.Pluto Chases Kid
. 89.In Harm’s Way
. 90."Semper Buy"
. 91.A Little Respect, Please
. 92.A Dream from Beyond-1
. 93.A Dream from Beyond-2
. 94.A Trip to Egypt
. 95.No Doughnuts for Old Folks
. 96.It’s Just Business
. 97.A Walk in the Wild
. 98.Elvis Is Alive and Well
. 99.Bad Weed, Bad Call
. 100.Shark Attack

. 101.Love in the Hospital
. 102.Interstate Bridge Collapses
. 103.Stop Selling Those Bunnies
. 104.Actor Tries to Kill Himself
. 105.US Senator Says He’s not Gay
. 106.E.Coli Is Everywhere
. 107.Influenza
. 108.The Hospital Orderly-1
. 109.The Hospital Orderly-2
. 110.Flower Power
. 111.Dog Inherits Millions
. 112.Man Holds Staff Hostage
. 113.Young Boy Defends Sister
. 114.Remember Me?
. 115.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 116.Sail Around the World
. 117.New Dog-Barking Law
. 118.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-1
. 119.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-2
. 120.Cleaning a Dirty Plate
. 121.Her Driving Lesson
. 122.Hurricane Dean
. 123.Adventurer Disappears
. 124.Nursing Student Disappears
. 125.The Lovely Banana
. 126.Smells like Chicken
. 127.The Wedding-1
. 128.The Wedding-2
. 129.The Waiter
. 130.Your Country Thanks You
. 131.D.B.Cooper Lives On-1
. 132.D.B.Cooper Lives On-2
. 133.I’m No Alcoholic!
. 134.48 Homes Burn Down-1
. 135.48 Homes Burn Down-2
. 136.Drought Attacks Georgia
. 137.A Bad MRI Experience
. 138.Body in a Barrel-1
. 139.Body in a Barrel-2
. 140.Red Meat, Gray Water
. 141.All Bite, No Bark
. 142.Tiger Kills Two Men-1
. 143.Tiger Kills Two Men-2
. 144.Red Flowers Make Her See Red
. 145.The Starbucks Robbery
. 146.The Argument-1
. 147.The Argument-2
. 148.The Toilet Tank-1
. 149.The Toilet Tank-2
. 150.Santa Was Molested

. 151.Fire Kills Two Young Girls
. 152.Police Arrest Fire-Starters
. 153.Get out of "Jail"-1
. 154.Get out of "Jail"-2
. 155.New Year Celebrations
. 156.$50K to Waitress-1
. 157.$50K to Waitress-2
. 158.Who Needs School?
. 159.Black Friday
. 160.JFK Assassination
. 161.Don’t Top Off the Tanks
. 162.The Clapper
. 163.Tuberculosis Still Kills
. 164.Old Dogs Become Young Again
. 165.Ham and Eggplant
. 166.A Hole in Her Ear-1
. 167.A Hole in Her Ear-2
. 168.The Drugs Keep Coming
. 169.Missing Husband-1
. 170.Missing Husband-2
. 171.Don’t Get Mad-Get Even
. 172.The Christmas Gift-1
. 173.The Christmas Gift-2
. 174.The Haircut-1
. 175.The Haircut-2
. 176.The Robbery at the Mall-1
. 177.The Robbery at the Mall-2
. 178.The Driving Lesson-1
. 179.The Driving Lesson-2
. 180.The Move to Georgia-1
. 181.The Move to Georgia-2
. 182.I’ll Get a Job in a Restaurant
. 183.A Cleaner River-1
. 184.A Cleaner River-2
. 185.The Spitter
. 186.Kill Those Flies-1
. 187.Kill Those Flies-2
. 188.The Oil Change-1
. 189.The Oil Change-2
. 190.Boy Starts Huge Fire
. 191.Writers Go on Strike
. 192.Please Don’t Hurt Me!
. 193.It’s Just a Little White Lie
. 194.Jury Service in California
. 195.The Rude Golfer-1
. 196.The Rude Golfer-2
. 197.Man Invents Toilet for Cars
. 198.Monkeys Cause Man’s Death
. 199.The Light Eater-1
. 200.The Light Eater-2

. 201.Sara Went Shopping
. 202.Man Injured at Fast Food Place
. 203.A Life-Saving Cow
. 204.Driver Loses Mabel, Finds Jail
. 205.Jerry Decided To Buy a Gun
. 206.Freeway Chase
. 207.Better To Be Unlucky
. 208.Food Fight Erupted in Prison
. 209.How His Pig is Doing
. 210.Goats Being Hired
. 211.A Missing Cat
. 212.Book Him
. 213.Water Under the Sink-1
. 214.Water Under the Sink-2
. 215.Theft Occurs Everywhere
. 216.Eggs and a Bunny
. 217.Goodbye to Clean Couple
. 218.$100 Deposit
. 219.Books Don’t Grow on Trees
. 220.A Murder-Suicide
. 221.New Store and Its Owners
. 222.Hit-and-Run Charge
. 223.Gasoline Prices Hit Record High
. 224.A Festival of Books
. 225.Crazy Housing Prices
. 226.Happy and Unhappy Renters
. 227.Pulling Out Nine Tons of Trash
. 228.Cloning Pets
. 229.Rentals at the Oceanside
. 230.Trees Are a Threat
. 231.Gets Booked, Writes a Book
. 232.Popular Park Reopens
. 233.Swim Classes Begin Soon
. 234.Not Sitting Around
. 235.Get Millions for Homeless
. 236.Tenants Watch Building Burn
. 237.Bathtub Blues
. 238.Blood Drive at Civic Center
. 239.City Hosts 42nd Art Fair
. 240.City and Crime
. 241.Bank Robbery
. 242.Immigration Goes Online
. 243.Jimmy Fixes His Door
. 244.Needs a New Air-Conditioner
. 245.Man Gets 12 Years for Fraud
. 246.Man Shoots Up Post Office
. 247.Murals Are Over 200 Years Old
. 248.Pier Collapses
. 249.Cameras in Police Cars
. 250.A School Girl Sues Her School

. 251.SUV Driver Sends Officer Flying
. 252.Boy Drowns in Neighbor's Pool
. 253.Woman Dies in House Fire
. 254.Plane Crashes into House
. 255.Fishing for Girls
. 256.Shot Next to Christmas Tree
. 257.Stabbed Outside Nightclub
. 258.Fishing Boat Sinks
. 259.The Mysterious Carport Stain
. 260.Lies About Winning Lottery
. 261.Victory Dance Leads to Death
. 262.Eat Your Vegetables
. 263.Honk if You're in a Hurry
. 264.The Man Who Loved Women
. 265.How to Get out of Jury Duty
. 266.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 267.Female Seeks Mature Male
. 268.Let’s Go Fishing
. 269.Train Wreck “Frees” Cows
. 270.Valuable Guitar Found
. 271.Stepmother Kills Herself
. 272.Beautiful Teacher Smiles
. 273.Are Criminals Taking Over LA?
. 274.Police Arrest Happy Van Driver
. 275.Say Your Prayers
. 276.The Final Phone Call
. 277.Almost Perfect Children
. 278.There Goes the Neighborhood!
. 279.Let’s Go to Vegas!
. 280.Squirrel Attacks Woman
. 281.To Save His Baby
. 282.English Is Confusing
. 283.Pump Up the Tires
. 284.Don’t Go Swimming
. 285.The Park That Went to the Dogs
. 286.Can You Spare a Carburetor?
. 287.Golf Like a Girl
. 288.Take Me Out to the Ball Game
. 289.Take This Job and Shove It
. 290.Where Did That Book Go?
. 291.When You’ve Got Your Health
. 292.That ‘New Car’ Smell
. 293.Inviting Poor Student to Dinner
. 294.When I'm in the Bathroom
. 295.It Was an Old, Worthless Clock
. 296.Five-Finger Discount on Candy
. 297.Collecting Seashells
. 298.At the Store Entrance
. 299.We Will See the World
. 300.Get Me a Caffe Latte

. 301.The Slow Computer-1
. 302.The Slow Computer-2
. 303.The Careful Reader
. 304.Avoid the Flu
. 305.Magician Attracts Women
. 306.US Border Patrol
. 307.Car Shopping in California
. 308.Happy Anniversary
. 309.“Read All about It!”
. 310.A Factory Worker
. 311.Bad Pork
. 312.Don’t Eat the Meat
. 313.Copper Robbers
. 314.Weekly Driving Lessons-1
. 315.Weekly Driving Lessons-2
. 316.Laundry Day-1
. 317.Laundry Day-2
. 318.The Bargain CD Set-1
. 319.The Bargain CD Set-2
. 320.It’s All Over
. 321.The New Clothes-1
. 322.The New Clothes-2
. 323.Food as Punishment
. 324.US Passports Outsourced
. 325.The Demanding Son
. 326.A Practical Joke
. 327.The Dead Pedestrian
. 328.Bad News, Good News
. 329.The Cluster Balloonist
. 330.The Rude Clerk
. 331.The Tax Charge
. 332.The Fire in the Hills-1
. 333.The Fire in the Hills-2
. 334.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-1
. 335.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-2
. 336.The Rental Car-1
. 337.The Rental Car-2
. 338.The Marathon Cheater
. 339.School Bus Crashes
. 340.Don’t Take My Property
. 341.New Law for Taco Trucks
. 342.The Refund-1
. 343.The Refund-2
. 344.Shut Your Mouth
. 345.TSA’s New Policy-1
. 346.TSA’s New Policy-2
. 347.I’m Pregnant
. 348.Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage
. 349.Impolite to His Brother
. 350.Protecting the Public
. 351.Malibu to License Paparazzi
. 352.I'm Moving to NY
. 353.The Heart Attack-1
. 354.The Heart Attack-2
. 355.Let's Speak English

THE END

Update: October 16th, 2016.
PayPal về email:
thuquy.vietditru@gmail.com

Chi phiếu gửi về:
Jimmy Ton
4369 46 St.
San Diego, CA 92115

Việt Nam chuyển tới:
Phạm Thị Tuyết Phượng
Số tài khoản: 4973099
ACB Châu Văn Liêm, TPHCM

Ý kiến về Quỹ VietDitru

ESL đăng ký: Bạn không cần phải đăng ký gì cả. Chỉ việc nhẩy vào bài ESL 1 học và làm bài tập. Tiếp tục những bài kế tiếp càng nhanh càng tốt. Mình sẽ 888 và thỉnh thoảng cùng nhau nhắc nhở cho vui hén. Chứ thật ra việc học là việc của tự bản thân mình. Mình giỏi thì mình được nhờ hén.

Nickname           # bài
-----------------------------------------
Anthonydavetruong 51
BaoLaTinhChua 1
Bluecloud 1
bongbong 3
Brianthao08 2
Brenda 8
Cachua 4
Catandpuppy 2
Chaubaoct 11
Chauongco 2